Are you looking for a new challenge in your yoga practice? Try SUP Yoga in Tenerife!
Sup YOGA is a modality of yoga performed on a stand up paddleboard on the water. It is a totally different experience from a yoga class in a studio: you will get the benefits of yoga practice increased and you will have more fun at the same time.
Benefits of practicing SUP yoga:
- You will increase your balance and strengh. You will have to engage your core and other muscles (more) for better balance on the board. Doing yoga on a surface that is constantly in motion strengthens muscles that aren’t called on in everyday practice. You will be more aware of your body position, and, depending on the posture, if you have more weight on one side, your board will let you know.
- It is calming and relaxing. You will feel the calming effect from the sensation of floating on the water and the gentle sound of water lapping while on a paddleboard will help you relax.
- It is more fun. The very real possibility of falling into the water provides just enough adrenaline to you to keep you motivated and focused on yourself and your poses.
- It’s more challenging. The board is your mat, and it is less stable than a yoga mat on the floor, so you need to be present and in cotrol.
- You will get total connection with nature and beautiful views – The paddle board offers the best scenery; the nature, the horizon and the ocean around you…. postures lying on the back and the final shavasana (corpse pose) are the best to enjoy the views of the sky, the warming sun on you skin, and clouds passing overhead.
And what happens if, after all, you loose your balance and you fall into the water? You will get wet, and the only think you can do is to climb back up on your board, and try it again. After all, That’s what we are all doing in life. We fall, whether it’s physically, mentally, or emotionally, and we get back up and try again.
Class duration – Price
90 minutes Group Class – €20
90 minutes Private Class – €60 (1 person) – €80 (2 people)
Where? On the Beach – South Tenerife
Are you ready for the SUP Yoga experience?
Get in touch with me for booking appointments or further information
Phone: (+34) 691 31 31 45
Whatsapp: (+34) 691 31 31 45
Facebook page: @sandrayogaandtherapies